| Home | E-Submission | Sitemap | Contact Us |  
top_img
J Korean Soc Environ Eng > Volume 37(10); 2015 > Article
J Korean Soc Environ Eng 2015;37(10): 583-589. doi: https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2015.37.10.583
하수슬러지 케이크 열수분해 탈리액의 혐기성 분해 특성
강호1, 오백용1, 신경숙2
1충남대학교 환경공학과
2(주)한화건설
Anaerobic Treatment of Leachate Solubilized from Thermal Hydrolysis of Sludge Cake
Ho Kang1, Baik-Yong Oh1, Kyung-Sook Shin2
1Department of Environmental Engineering, Chungnam National University
2Environmental Research Institute, Hanwha E&C, Korea
Corresponding author  Ho Kang ,Tel: 042-821-6675, Fax: 042-822-5610, Email: hokang@cnu.ac.kr
Received: October 5, 2015;  Revised: October 28, 2015;  Accepted: October 29, 2015.  Published online: October 31, 2015.
ABSTRACT
This study was performed to evaluate the feasibility of anaerobic pretreatment for the leachate solubilized from thermal hydrolysis of sewage sludge cake. Overall process for the treatment of sludge cake consists of thermal hydrolysis, crystallization of magnesium, ammonium, and phosphate (MAP) for the leachate and anaerobic digestion of supernatant from MAP crystallization. The experimental evidence showed that the optimum ratio of Mg : P for the struvite crystallization of leachate solubilized from thermal hydrolysis of sludge cake was 1.5 to 1.0 as weight basis at the pH of 9.5. With this operational condition, the removal efficiencies of ammonia nitrogen and phosphorous achieved 50% and 97%, respectively. The mesophilic batch test showed that the ultimate biodegradability of the supernatant from MAP crystallization reached 63% at S/I ratio of 0.5. The readily biodegradable fraction of 90% (S1) of the MAP supernatant BVS (Biodegradable Volatile Solids, S0) degraded with k1 of 0.207 day-1 for the initial 17 days where as the rest slowly biodegradable fraction (S2) of 10% of BVS degraded with k2 of 0.02 day-1 for the rest of the operational period. Semi-Continuously Fed and Mixed Reactor (SCFMR) was chosen as one of the best candidates to treat the MAP supernatant because of its total solids content over 6%. Maximum average biogas production rates reached 0.45 v/v-d and TVS removal efficiency of 37~41% was achieved at an hydraulic retention time (HRT) of 20 days and its corresponding organic loading rate (OLR) of 1.43 g VS/L-d.
Key Words: Thermal Hydrolysis, Sewage Sludge Cake, Ultimate Biodegradability, MAP Crystallization, Anaerobic Digestion
TOOLS
PDF Links  PDF Links
Full text via DOI  Full text via DOI
Download Citation  Download Citation
Supplement  Supplement
  E-Mail
Share:      
METRICS
0
Crossref
741
View
4
Download
Related article
Editorial Office
464 Cheongpa-ro, #726, Jung-gu, Seoul 04510, Republic of Korea
TEL : +82-2-383-9653   FAX : +82-2-383-9654   E-mail : ksee@kosenv.or.kr
About |  Browse Articles |  Current Issue |  For Authors and Reviewers
Copyright © Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. All rights reserved.                 Developed in M2Community